Grants under the Circuit Breaker Support Package will target hospitality, tourism, events and creative industries operators that had to suddenly shut shop in response to the health order.
The program is expected to help more than 50,000 Victorian businesses - including restaurants, florists, confectioners, hairdressers, accommodation providers, musicians and performers - to pay for costs such as the loss of perishable goods, cancelled gigs and foregone trading.
The newly announced support packages are briefly summarised below however, the Victorian government will be publishing further details soon.
The four initiatives are as follows:
- Business Costs Assistance Program – This is available for eligible sectors that have incurred direct costs as a result of the circuit breaker lockdown. Grants of $2,000 are available. Further details to be published by Business Victoria soon.
- Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund – Circuit Breaker Action Payment – Businesses who received a grant through the program will receive a further one-off payment of $3,000 per eligible premises to help with costs. The grant will be automatically issued to recipients of the original fund. Businesses who receive the one-off payment cannot apply for the Business Costs Assistance Program.
- Victorian Accommodation Support Payment – For Victorian accommodation providers that experienced cancellations due to the circuit breaker action, applications will be made available to apply for funding from two tiers:
- Tier 1: Funding of $2,250 (ex GST) per Accommodation Premises experiencing 10 or fewer cancelled nights.
- Tier 2: Funding of $4,500 (ex GST) per Accommodation Premises with 11 or more cancelled nights.
Register your interest at Business Victoria.
- Travel Voucher schemes - $200 vouchers will be available to spend on accommodation, attractions or tours in regional Victoria. Round 3 registrations will open 30 March 2021 for travel between 6 April 2021 to 31 May 2021. The schemes include:
- a new Melbourne Travel Voucher Scheme with 40,000 vouchers to support travel in greater Melbourne will launch soon.
- an expanded Regional Travel Voucher Scheme with an additional 10,000 vouchers to support travel in regional Victoria.