12 December 2020
Details are below regarding key information around JobKeeper 2.0 extension 2. If you plan to apply for JobKeeper extension 2, you must ensure your accounting records are complete for 31 December 2020 and ready for testing.
Please note our office is closed from 3:00pm Wednesday 23 December 2020 and we will re-open at 9:00am on Tuesday 12 January 2021. If you require us to complete your JobKeeper turnover test, please ensure your information is provided to us no later than 15 January 2021.
JobKeeper 2.0 extension 2
The Australian Taxation Office has outlined the following information in relation to the JobKeeper extension:
This extension period will run from 4 January 2021 to 28 March 2021.
You will need to show that your actual GST turnover has declined in the December 2020 quarter relative to the December 2019 quarter unless you're applying an alternative test. See the actual decline in turnover test.
You also need to have satisfied the original decline in turnover test. However, if you:
- were entitled to receive JobKeeper for fortnights before 28 September, you have already satisfied the original decline in turnover test,
- are enrolling in JobKeeper for the first time from 28 September 2020, if you satisfy the actual decline in turnover test, you will also satisfy the original decline in turnover test (except for certain universities). You can enrol on that basis.
You can be eligible for JobKeeper extension 2 even if you were not eligible for JobKeeper extension 1.
The rates of the JobKeeper payment in this extension period are:
- Tier 1: $1,000 per fortnight (before tax)
- Tier 2: $650 per fortnight (before tax)
Key dates and actions for employers:
- 4 January 2021 – the JobKeeper extension 2 starts and the payment rates change for your eligible employees – see payment rates.
- Between 4 January 2021 and 28 January 2021 – complete the December business monthly declaration (this is an extension of two weeks past the usual due date of the 14th day of each month).
- By 31 January 2021 – new entities enrolling for JobKeeper will need to enrol and submit their 'Check decline in turnover' form to us online – see actual decline in turnover test.
- 31 January 2021 – for JobKeeper fortnights 21 and 22 only (from 4 January 2021 and 18 January respectively 2021), we are allowing employers until 31 January 2021 to pay their employees (meet the wage condition).
Source: ATO JobKeeper extension announcements